Eventlog messages

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon May 11 19:10:07 GMT 1998

Gerald Carter wrote:

> I have two eventlog entries I would like to run by everyone and see
> if I am an isolated case.
>
> Here's the setup.
>
> - 5 NT 4.0 Workstastions on subnet xxx.xxx.AAA.xxx
> - 1 Samba PDC running Solaris 2.5.1 on subnet xxx.xxx.BBB.xxx
> - The Samba PDC is the primary WINS server for the NT boxes.
>         There is no secondary WINS server.
>
> The first eventlog entry seems to come in bursts
>
> EventID : 5719
>
>         No Windows NT Domain Controller is available for
>         domain LENORE. (This event is expected and can be
>         ignored when booting with the 'No Net' Hardware Profile.)
>         The following error occurred:  There are currently no
>         logon servers available to service the logon request.

Hate to respond to myself ( kind of makes me feel that I am talking to
myself... ) but someone else may find this interesting.

I was able to cure this illness on my NT boxes ( the ones on a different
subnet than the samba PDC ) by setting up a Samba server as the local
browse master on the remote subnet for the domain.  This would seem to
point to a name resolution problem.  Anyways,  works now. Contact me for
details if you need them.

Gone for now,
j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter