Solaris installation of Samba

Kevin P. Fleming kfleming at access-laserpress.com
Fri May 8 18:42:40 GMT 1998

(This is a little off-topic, but since there's so many experts here :-)

OK, I successfully got the main branch downloaded via CVS to my Linux
machine, copied the source tree over to my new Solaris machine, edited
the Makefile properly, but it looks like I don't have a real C compiler
on this machine (only a "cc" that reports an optional package hasn't
been installed).

Not being terribly familiar with Solaris' quirks, I'm guessing that Sun
(in their infinite wisdom) licenses the C/C++ compilers/tools separately
from the core OS. If this is true, I guess I should find out how to get
GCC for this platform.

Anyone out there have any pointers?