Cannot Map Drives

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed May 6 13:31:24 GMT 1998

Kevin Currie wrote:

> a samba related problem is that I have other computers that I've used
> Ghost with (yes, I know the security ID's are the same when I do this)
> that connect via Novell's Client and a couple others that connect to
> an NT PDC with the same setup (other than a quick change of
> domina/server) that I can map the drives to.

Side note, but look at the ntsid utility from www.sysinternals.com to
change the machine SID after duplication.

Also, to connect as a local account on a machine that is a member of a
samba controled domain, use the follow syntax

net use x: \\<machinename>\share /user:<machinename>\<accountname>

Otherwise it will default to accepting the account name as a domain
account.  I'm assuming, I haven't done a netmon trace on it to verify.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )