User Manager for Domains

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri May 1 01:08:38 GMT 1998

On Fri, 1 May 1998, David Bannon wrote:

> At 07:39 29/04/1998 +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >> Dial in access over a modem.
>
> >right, then i need to know what the RID of the "modem group" is, from a
> >packet trace or some other lookup.
>
> Cool.
>
> I have checked the nt server, it has no intention of telling me what the
> MODEM_USERS RID is. (if I needed to know that, I would have been born with
> the information coded into my genes...., thanks Bill)
>
> Can you refer me to to some instructions on how to do a packet trace ?
> Please !

Do you have the Nt Server resource kit?  you can use the getsid.exe
utility.  As well as checking out a recent thread on the NTBUGTRAQ mailing
list about the admin sid.  I think a URL was posted for a user2sid and
sid2user ultilty.  I'll try to dig it up if you want.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )