NT: Cannot update internal security to add computer to domain

Gerald Heinig heinig at hdz-ima.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Mar 31 18:38:37 GMT 1998

Hi all,

More fun whilst trying to add an NT 4.0 SP3 box to a Samba
1.9.18p4/Solaris 2.6 domain:
I added the obligatory machine$ and 0080 entries to the smbpasswd file
plus encrypted fields with machine name as password and tried to add a
machine to the domain. I got the error message: "Could not update
internal security to add computer to domain" or words to that effect in
german (we have the german NT version here).

Ideas, anyone?

Gerald

PS. I´m going to compile the latest 1.9.18p4 tarball tomorrow - I got
the above version from the cvs repository. I´ll post any problems I
encounter with the merged version...