NT4(SP3) and corrupted SAM files.

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Fri Mar 27 14:00:26 GMT 1998

On Thu, 26 Mar 1998, Bernard Grymonpon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've encountered a very strange thing. I have installed the Samba
> Nt-domain, and everything works fine. The domain is there, i can log in,
> ..

which version?  where did you obtain it from?   what system are you using?
what compiler?  which version of the compiler?  please also attach your
smb.conf file.

_then_ we can answer your question :-)

you might also want to look at the "lsa-fix" - the hotfix from microsoft
that solves the problem on the client-side that thee bug you outline below
discovered in NT: your system is vulnerable to attack: but that depends on
your security setup (internal / external access; firewall yes/no etc etc).

luke (samba team)