PAM problems

Kevin Currie x7currie at lab2.cc.wmich.edu
Wed Mar 25 19:31:14 GMT 1998

Hello, I'm new to this list.  I'm experimenting w/ the latest NTDOM version
of samba.  I am having problems getting samba to authenticate through any
method other than the smbpasswd file (whether or not I have PDC support in
the conf file or not).  I am running debian linux w/ PAM installed, I have
created the 'samba' file in my /etc/pam.d directory as per the redhat
specifications.  Still, using smbclient I am unable to obatin a connection.
	I am also having trouble getting security = server to work with our local NT
server.  The log file says it keeps rejecting the password.  Do I need to
modify the server's registry to use plaintext passwords?

Thanks,
Kevin Currie