How is the cvs-command syntax to get smbpasswd.c

Andre Gerhard andre at lme.usp.br
Fri Mar 6 16:32:54 GMT 1998

At 02:19 AM 3/7/98 +1000, Christian Koenigseder wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I compiled cvs-1.9 then I did
>

>    cvs -d :pserver:cvs at samba.anu.edu.au:/cvsroot login
>
>             Password is:   cvs

To actually get the Samba NTDOM distribution (after your command
above):

cvs -d :pserver:cvs at samba.anu.edu.au:/cvsroot co samba

Will create a directory named samba with the current (updated)
distribution.

>Now I don't know the command to get smpbasswd.c with this kind of
>information:

>Date:   Friday March 6, 1998 @ 6:56
>Author: lkcl
>
>Update of /data/cvs/samba/source/utils/smbpasswd
>In directory samba:/tmp/cvs-serv6133

To update your current Samba distribution:

cd to the directory samba created when you downloaded it, and

cvs update -d -P

You don't need to repeat the login process.