lookups in smbpasswd file

Danny Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed Mar 4 19:39:15 GMT 1998

In message <34FD8A71.2447B0E0 at eng.auburn.edu>you write:
}Greetings once again...
}
firstly, thanks to everybody who helped me out!

for the last 2 weeks or so, I have been trying out the PDC and finaly,
today it's all bells & whistles. The last hurdle (well almost :-) was
getting the logon to work (using arcfour).

In the process I got familiar with the code, and I had to patch
several versions, making samba work with my password server - which of
cource had to be modified to accomodate NT/LanMan and finaly arcfour
hashed passwords.

While doing this, I'm still trying to come up with a simple way to
include my mods in future samba releases. Since the mods are
'particular' to our site I see no point in including them in the
distribution, but it would be nice to define some way a 'standard api'
for authentication and so guys like me could add them localy.

These are the routines that I had to modify:

	get_smbpwd_entry
	get_smbpwd_entries
	smb_passwords_check
	net_login_interactive

In any case, I have only a few days to do some more testing, and if
all goes well, next week, with the begining of the semeter it will go
into production.

     thanks again to the samba team,

	    danny