Using Policies and Profiles??

Mark Brown mark at psych.adelaide.edu.au
Tue Mar 3 05:43:00 GMT 1998

Hi,

I have abandoned the Alpha for the moment and built Samba NT DOM
on a pentium/linux. It works and I can have NT workstations join
the domain - I am just trying to get a samba domain running and
serving profiles and policies in order to register this years
student accounts else I will be stuck with the existing mix of
NT domain controller for authorization and samba for file/print
serving for another year. So any pointers would be greatly
appreciated. I think I am very close, but just about out of time.

Can anyone point me at some words or give me a brief summary on the
process of associating profiles/policies with a login. At the moment
(with a real NT domain controller) we have for example mandatory
profiles for honours students, third years etc and roaming profiles
for staff as well as assorted policies.
Is it just a matter of putting profiles etc in a netlogon dir and
running some sort of logon script to substitute the NT User Manager
associations? (and if so what sort of script :-) )

Thanks in advance,

Mark Brown