Guest printing

Jim Farrell jwf at platinum.com
Tue Jun 30 20:52:35 GMT 1998

I asked this very same question about 5x on the regular samba list, and
never got an answer.  All I wanted to do was to enable some of my
printers to accept any client connection for printing.

I finally just set up another samba instance on a different server, ran it
in "security = share" mode, and exported the printers only ... that ended
up being good enough for what I wanted (I'm using solaris, and so just set
all the printers to forward to the primary server). It worked out in the
end because I've since also set up anonymous disk shares for visiting
people to use for transferring data to/from the developers on our network.

-- jim