I need some help.
xmj at cypress.com
Tue Jun 30 19:54:08 GMT 1998
I have been using samba sense January of 97. I recently decided to try the
cvs version with the NTDOMAIN code and get this up and running. Let me list
what I have done.
1. retrieved latest cvs samba code on 6/29/98
2. Compiled Samba with options for SUNOS5.4 with the -DNTDOMAIN flag.
3. Enabled Password encryption.
4. Tested password encryption with Windows98 system. It would let me see
the shares on the samba server running encryption but not the samba server
that was not running encryption.
5. Added "my computer's$" and the "Unix server's$" name in as a user in the
6. ran smbpasswd -a -m "my computer's"
7. ran smbpasswd -a -m "Unix server's"
8. I had already been using the old option for domain logins so domain
logins = yes in my smb.conf.
Stop and mail me if I have done something wrong so far. On the Windows98
side I did the following.
1. Changed to login to the domain called SAMBA.
2. Changed form password share mode to user share mode.
3. Changed my workgroup to SAMBA.
4. Rebooted the system for good measures.
5. I login to my system. It did have the DOMAIN set to SAMBA. This all
6. Tried to share a directory. I clicked on add to add a user and it come
back with the error message stating. "you can not view the list of user at
this time. Please try again later"
7. I try to run the user manager for domains for Windows95 and get the
error message "The RPC server is unavailable"
some more history about my setup. I am running 2 samba servers on the same
subnet. One is the one everyone is using and the other is the one I have
been describing. I am running 2 workgroups. One is CSDC and the other is
SAMBA. The SAMBA workgroup is the one using the NTDOMAIN code. I am also
listing my smb.conf in case anyone need it. I have looked through the logs
and can not find anything that tells me where I am going wrong. I also have
only one NT server Running WinDD (WinNT 3.5) I do not have the availability
to use this in testing.
workgroup = SAMBA
encrypt passwords = yes
os level = 65
domain master = yes
local master = yes
admin users = xmj
security = user
server string= NewYork
netbios name = NEWYORK
domain controller = yes
domain logons = yes
preferred master = yes
dns proxy = yes
deadtime = 15
Time server = true
printing = bsd
printcap name = /opt/local/samba/lib/myprintcap
print command = /usr/ucb/lpr -P%p %s ; rm %s
lpq command=/usr/ucb/lpq -P%p
lprm command=/usr/ucb/lprm -P%p %j
load printers = yes
guest account = nobody
hosts allow = 192.84.61.
log file = /opt/local/samba/var/logs/log.%m
lock directory = /opt/local/samba/var/locks
share modes = yes
comment = Home Directories
browseable = no
read only = no
create mode = 0755
comment = All Printers
path = /tmp
browseable = yes
printable = yes
public = yes
writable = no
create mode = 0755
Thanks for the help in advance.
Matthew Jamison xmj at cypress.com
System Administrator Cypress Semiconductor
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Matthew Jamison.vcf
Size: 569 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-ntdom/attachments/19980630/2fd0d3ec/MatthewJamison.obj
More information about the samba-ntdom