Administrator privileges

Jeremy Allison jallison at whistle.com
Tue Jun 30 16:49:37 GMT 1998

Mike Black wrote:

> I noticed map_gid_to_sid in the source but cannot figure out how to map Unix
> usernames or groups to NT RIDs (like Administrator).
>
> Is the capability there yet? How do I put this in smb.conf so that I can get
> my NT administrators the proper authority (and other RIDs too)?

It's not there yet - it's still under development.
When it's finished I will remove the 'domain admins'
and 'domain users' parameters and the groupname map
will allow these groups to be mapped to unix groups.

If you need to do this today look into the older
parameters.

Cheers,

	Jeremy Allison.
	Samba Team.