Samba PDC & NT domain logons

louis.botha at cs.up.ac.za louis.botha at cs.up.ac.za
Wed Jun 24 13:24:32 GMT 1998

Hi all,

When I try to log in to a Samba PDC from an NT4SP3 workstation with a
valid username but an invalid password, I get logged into the machine
(but obviously not the shares).  I compiled in the ARCFOUR code from
ssh-1.2.22 (ie. used the -DUSE_ARCFOUR_FROM_SSH_SOURCE define and
arcfour.o from the ssh source).

Surely once I have compiled in the ARCFOUR encryption I should not be
logged in to the workstation if I provide an incorrect password?  Or
did I misunderstand the docs?

My source tree is the current CVS tree (23 June).  The same behavior
occurs both on Solaris 2.6 with gcc 2.7.2.3 and Linux 2.0.33 with gcc
2.7.2.1.  Attached is my modified Makefile, showing my modified bits.

I suppose what I need to know is whether my reasoning is correct, before
I start spending hours debugging the SMB code :-)

Louis
Louis Botha                                Computer Science Department
louis.botha at cs.up.ac.za                    University of Pretoria
Tel: +27-12-420-3617                       Pretoria
Cell: +27-82-924-4616                      South Africa
http://www.cs.up.ac.za/~lbotha

# This is for SUNOS5.4 and later (also known as Solaris 2.4 and later)
# contributed by Andrew.Tridgell at anu.edu.au
CC=gcc
FLAGSM = -DSUNOS5 -DSHADOW_PWD -DNETGROUP -DFAST_SHARE_MODES -DUSE_ARCFOUR_FROM_SSH_SOURCE
LIBSM = -lsocket -lnsl -L"./ssh-1.2.22/"
AWK = nawk

# <cut>

ARCFOUR_OBJ = ./ssh-1.2.22/arcfour.o