Solaris 2.6 and latest NTDOM code

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Jun 17 15:09:59 GMT 1998

Greetings again...

Hopefully I can draw on everyone experience for this one.

I recently upgraded one of our servers from Solaris 2.5.1 to 2.6.  For
some insane reason ( actually was the only time I could ) i decided to
update the head branch source as well.  Was because I knew the samba
update would break all profiles and this was actually the only time i
could do it.

So now I am experiencing stabiulity problems on samba.  Most seems to be
categorized as the second nmbd process dieing ( the ont that preforms
the gethostbyname() stuff ).  Obvously the Samba PDC is also acting as a
WINS server.

Some symptoms on the clients include dropping connections to the server
and complaining about an invalid password when trying to reconnect.  Let
me clarify that I am logged into the NT box, the connection gets dropped
and without logging out I try...

	C:\> net use
             Disconnected    H:    \\server\homes

        C:\> net use h: /d
        C:\> net use h: \\server\homes

             ***Incorrect passwd***

You can replce the share in the above example with any valid one you
wish.     My question is this.

Has anyone experienced similar problems on Solaris 2.6 or is it the
current state of the NTDOM code?

Thanks in advance,
j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter