Does NTDOM break browsing by non-NTDOM Samba?

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon Jun 15 17:25:09 GMT 1998

Andrew Perrin - Demography wrote:

> Hi folks - recently our non-NTDOM (1.9.18p7) workgroup has stopped
> browsing correctly -- specifically, the Samba machine that's supposed
> to be the browse master keeps losing elections to one of the NT
> machines on the workgroup.  This is odd since:
>
> 1.) It's worked fine for over a year until recently; and
> 2.) The server is set for os level = 200 and preferred master = yes.
>
> Is it possible that having a 1.9.19-prealpha NTDOM going on the same
> subnet is causing the problem?

I am experiencing similar things and have seen posts about this on the
main samba list.  Haven't had time to really work though it though.  I
don't think that it is caused by 1.9.19pre-alpha servers.

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )