HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Jun 12 02:04:45 GMT 1998

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, NoRM wrote:

> I'm having some problems with roaming profiles on my Samba PDC domain.
> Basically all users logging in via the PDC cannot alter their HKCU hive.
> Which makes the system quite unworkable in some senses.
>
> According to regedt32, that hive is owned by ntbox\administrators, who
> have full control, as do members of the system group.  But 'everyone' has
> only read access.

Sounds like your users are getting the default user profeil rather than
their own.  Are you using the "domain admin users"?  Also check under the
HKEY_USERS hive and see if it actually lists the .DefaultUser as well as a
SID number for the current logged in domain user.

How were the user profiles generated ( automatically or manually )?  Have
they ever worked?

So many questions....back to finishing this paper....sign....

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )