A new problem

Jeremy Allison jallison at whistle.com
Fri Jun 12 01:14:49 GMT 1998

Andrew Perrin - Demography wrote:
> This takes some interpreting: carlm is the user who was logged onto the NT
> machine *before* -- NOT the one who's logging in now.  The one who's
> logging in now is aperrin; so it's getting the new login well enough to
> get the credentials right and to get the right [homes] share, but not well
> enough to renegotiate the [ntprofile] directory.  Relevant parts of
> smb.conf on the machine serving profiles follow.

You need a greater debug log level. The thing to
check is what vuid is being used for the [profile]
connection - make sure it's the correct vuid for
the logged on user. The %U name mapping is indexed
from the vuid in the incoming packet.

If you can reproduce this I'd appreciate a very
high debug log level, as it appears that the
%U mapping is failing. Some people have reported
this previously but I've never has a reproducible
test case for it.

Regards,

	Jeremy.