machine account invalid

Jeff S Engelhardt jengelha at gac.edu
Wed Jun 10 16:02:41 GMT 1998

I have just added a machine to the domain, and now when I try to log onto
a domain account from that machine, it tells me that the systems password
does not exist or the password is invalid.  Following is a message that I
get from the smb log.  I do have the machine account in smbpasswd and I
think everything else is set correctly for domain administering. Lunen is
the server, demo-pc is the client, and roaming is the domain name.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jeff Engelhardt
jengelha at gac.edu

server request level: B16BBDz 3fffffff domains_req:No local_only:No
Servertype search: 3fffffff
s: dom mismatch              ROAMING 80001000                   DEMO-PC         ROAMING
**SV**                LUNEN     9b0b     Samba 1.9.19-prealpha         ROAMING
**SV**              DEMO-PC    51003                                   ROAMING
fill_srv_info              DEMO-PC    51003                                   ROAMING
fill_srv_info                LUNEN     9b0b     Samba 1.9.19-prealpha         ROAMING
fill_srv_info              DEMO-PC    51003                                   ROAMING
fill_srv_info                LUNEN     9b0b     Samba 1.9.19-prealpha         ROAMING
NetServerEnum domain = ROAMING uLevel=1 counted=2 total=2
copy_trans_params_and_data: params[0..8] data[0..75]