Must a Samba PDC use encrypted passwords?

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Jun 9 16:02:54 GMT 1998

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, CAE Samba Admin wrote:

> > a new option has been added: "update encrypted".  run with this for a
> > week; then move over to "encrypt passwords".
>
> 	Just to clarify this in my mind...  If I have "update encrypted" I
> have to have "encrypt passwords" off, which effectively breaks PDC
> functionality, right?

Yup.  Just a thought.  Has anyone tried using this with "password server"
option as a way to get accounts froman NT PDC as a migration strategy?

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )