Must a Samba PDC use encrypted passwords?

William Stuart william at hae.com
Mon Jun 8 18:24:42 GMT 1998

Can one of the FAQ maintainers start a password change matrix of what
works vs. what dosen't work vs. what password database vs. wether NT/95
vs. can/cannot change UNIX password.

This whole thing is getting out of hand.  Searching the archvies is
becoming difficult, because it take a lot of work to make sure you are on
the right page.  For instance, I was under the impression that NT machines
were changing passwords on SAMBA PDC's from message 0704 in the
samba-ntdom list (search on "happily").  It appears this is not the case
because of a message today from Jeremy saying it was on his list to add
it.

If you need some help in this regard, I would be happy to setup a quick
chart, if you could give me the latest status on the above.

---
William Stuart  (william at hae.com)
"If Netscape is giving their software away, how do they make money?"
"Volume."