Must a Samba PDC use encrypted passwords?

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Jun 5 15:18:25 GMT 1998

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> a new option has been added: "update encrypted".  run with this for a
> week; then move over to "encrypt passwords".

This works very well.  One problem I had with it and haven't had time to
track things down was the the passwd_mod() would sometime fail to lock
the private/smbpasswd file.  This will show up in the smbd log.

see ya,
j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )