NTDOM losing machine account

Andrew Perrin - Demography aperrin at demog.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Jul 29 20:29:56 GMT 1998

Greetings-

We've had the NTDOm stuff working well for several months now, but just
the other day had to add a new machine to the domain (NT Workstation 4.0,
SP3).  We added the machine account to /etc/passwd and
~samba/private/smbpasswd, joined the domain, and it seemed to join fine;
but both yesterday and today, when logging in users got the "machine
password is wrong" error message, and to fix it we had to un-join then
rejoin the domain.  It then worked fine, until the following day.  No
tweaking of the smbpsswd file is necessary when doing the re-join.

Any ideas why this might be happening?  A level 3 log is at
http://demog.berkeley.edu/samba.fecundity.log.bad

Thanks in advance-