Has smbpasswd -a -m changed??

Andrew Perrin - Demography aperrin at demog.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jul 28 15:26:03 GMT 1998

No, that's the way it's always been - check out the archives, ntdom
requires that machines have valid /etc/passwd (or NIS) accounts.  My
understanding is that removing them from /etc/passwd is a bad idea, but
someone more familiar with samba should explain why.

Andrew J. Perrin - aperrin at demog.berkeley.edu - NT/Unix Admin/Support
Department of Demography    -    University of California at Berkeley
2232 Piedmont Avenue #2120  -    Berkeley, California, 94720-2120 USA
http://demog.berkeley.edu/~aperrin --------------------------SEIU1199