Problem with "domain admin users"

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Jul 21 21:47:06 GMT 1998

Celso Kopp Webber wrote:

> key HKEY_USERS with a SID of S-1-5-21-123-456-789-500 when he/she is
> logged on, he doesn't get administrative privileges. This worked well
> with source I`ve checked out about a month ago.

Yup.  A lot has changed.  Jeremy has been working on the uid <-> RID
mapping.  The GROUP_RID that is passed back is derived from the user's
actual unix gid rather than the DOMAIN_ADMIN_GROUP_RID.  This is
probably what has broken the functionality for the moment.

I posted some more comments about this recently ( in this
same thread ).

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )