syntax for subscribing to this mailing list/novell stuff/irc stuff/cvs

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Wed Jul 1 14:10:59 GMT 1998

wass eran wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1) how do i subscribe to this list ?

See http://samba.anu.edu.au/listproc/listproc.txt.  The list name is
samba-ntdom

> 2) i have installed the samba on IRIX 6.4, and the sharing works just
> fine, and authentication with client for windows networks on NT
> workstations works fine too- BUT - i discovered that if one uses the
> "novell client32" on the NT workstation instead of the regular
> MSclient, to login into the domain (even when u mark the "login into
> MS domain only" - without logining into novell) then the winlogon.exe
> crashes with a blue screen saying there was an illegal mem reference.
> has anyone encountered this problem ???

I don't know of any testing done in this environment... Sorry.

> 3) is there an irc group on some irc net dealing with samba ?
>  (preferably on EFnet) if not we can try to make one ....

Don't know.

> 4) another suggestion i have is - maybe someone could maintain the
> latest samba version with branches on some site as a .TAR.GZ file
> instead of the regular cvs method of obtaining it (some ppl - like
> myself have very bad connections abroad and i had to ask someone to
> tar.gz it for me so i can DL the whole thing in one bunch through a
> fast http proxy).

Someone said they were going to set this up.  Updates every 24 hours I
think.  Who was it....JF maybe?

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )