Synchronising passwords

Christopher R. Hertel crh at NTS.Umn.EDU
Fri Feb 27 17:58:42 GMT 1998

Possibly of interest...

Novell solved the problem of password sync by rewriting samsrv.ddl.  They
have to play some interesting games to make sure that nothing overwrites
their samsrv.dll with a "new" version from Microsoft.  This is all part of
their NDS for NT product.  I suppose that something could be written to
allow Samba to authenticate against the Novell NDS, but then we'd have
three players in the game instead of just two.  Still, it's an
interesting solution.

Anyway, the "right" thing to do would be to write a samsrv.dll that allows
the administrator to decide upon an authentication scheme.

Chris -)-----