utility to log times connections to utmp

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Feb 26 23:16:20 GMT 1998

For all who were interested, here is the URL for the program to log to
utmp.  Basically we run it as a preexec / postexec option to a share
taht is always mounted during the login script.  The program compiles
under Solaris 2.5.1

[apps]
        preexec = /etc/local/utmppipe %U %d 7 %M
        postexec = /etc/local/utmppipe %U %d 8 %M
        public = yes
        path = /export/apps

There can be some strange issues that arise depending on what service
has the exec scripts.  For example, we started putting it on [homes] for
a Windows 95 lab with roaming profiles and ( you guessed it ).  The
system was logging four connections to utmpx.  pLay around and see what
is best for you.

        ftp://ftp.eng.auburn.edu/pub/doug/utmppipe.c

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )