Compiling Samba-NTDOM

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Thu Feb 26 13:24:20 GMT 1998

Tobias Karlsson wrote:

> During the linking stage I get the following error, however I havent
> been able to find where the reference to getsmbpass is in pwd_cache.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Linking smbd
> getsmbpass                          ./lib/util/pwd_cache.o
> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to smbd
>
> /Tobias

Add a line in the Makefile in the UTILOBJ definition like this

UTILOBJ =      \
                $(UTIL_SRC_DIR)interface.o      \
                $(UTIL_SRC_DIR)replace.o      \
                $(UTIL_SRC_DIR)getsmbpass.o    \

BTW....When is the last time you updated the source code?

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )