Extracting passwords from users.

Tim Winders twinders at SPC.cc.tx.us
Thu Feb 26 02:24:32 GMT 1998

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Samuel James Johnston wrote:

> > I was just throwing something out there.  I didn't say it was
> > necessarily *GOOD*.  ;)
>
> Tim,
>
> Doesn't have to be good. So long as it works. The only thing I would have
> to say about it is that it could look somewhat unprofessional. For example
> someone's released an authentication package for NT that authenticates by
> logging onto an FTP server on UNIX. Fair enough, it works... but it's not
> really the sort of thing that would be widely accepted.
>
> We should probably choose one method to distribute and then have a list of
> suggestions (ie popd, login, setting users' shells to /bin/passwd).

Good point.  I am trying to figure out a way to INITIALLY create the
smbpasswd file for my users.  I think I am almost there, but not quite...

|  Tim Winders, CNE              |  Email:  twinders at SPC.cc.tx.us   |
|  Network Administrator         |  Phone:  806-894-9611 x 2369     |
|  South Plains College          |  Fax:    806-897-4711            |