How to use /etc/passwd passwords for NTDOM?

Samuel James Johnston samj at cse.unsw.EDU.AU
Mon Feb 23 23:41:57 GMT 1998

Simon,

This sounds like a good idea. The only question I would have about it is
that it only contains the password information, rather than the usual unix
format of everything in the same file. I guess this could also be a good
thing.

One wants to make sure the smbpasswd file is _very_ secure. Not only are
the keys crackable (reasonably easily), but they are effectively password
equivalents.

Sam Johnston