Passwds

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Mon Feb 23 13:31:53 GMT 1998

Nuno Loureiro wrote:

> Hi!!
>
>         I can detect the domain, and logon from NT4+SP3 Wrkts, but the
> users can logon using any password. I did the smbpasswd file using
> mksmbpasswd.sh and I did "smbpasswd -add user pass" to change users
> passwords. I also tried "smbpasswd user" to change users passwords, but
> the users still can logon without or with any password.
>         If the user doesn't exist, or if it has Xs in the passwd field,
> he is not able to login. The only users that can login without or with
> any passwd are the users that I changed their passwords with smbpasswd.
>         I already compiled with ARCFOUR, using the makefile that luke
> posted to the list, and I grabbed the BRANCH_NTDOM using cvs, on a
> 1.9.18p3 sources.
>         Anyone knows the problem!?

Dumb question, but the problem sounds like an absence of the arcfour.c
file in the compile.  If the user logs in with an invalids passwd, he /
she doesn't have to access to their roaming profile, correct?  This may
be way off base since you said you grabbed the Makefile from Luke's

The message archive is
	http://samba.anu.edu.au/listproc/samba-ntdom/0114.html

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter