Also no PDC found

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Feb 6 16:27:06 GMT 1998

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> > HOSTNAME$:uid:LMHASH:NTHASH:80
> > with the password set to "hostname" in lower case.
>
> i think the 80 on the end needs to be :0080: - the code expects 4 bytes
> _and_ the terminating colon.  0x0080 is ACB_WKSTRUST account (see
> source/lib/rpc/includes/ use grep).

Godd news is that after changing the machine account entries in
smbpasswd to match the new format, the problems I prefviously reported
go away.

[snip]
When I run at the default debug level ( 1 i think ) the NT Wks complains
about the PDC fot the Domain not being available.  However, the user
profile and validation still works fine?! ( i defined USE_ARCFOUR in the
compile )

If I run at a debug level of about 5 the NT Wks goes through fine (
logins scripts and all ).

[end]

I didn't see any references to this new format in the docs.  Did I miss
it somewhere?

j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

                                  - Sting "Message in a Bottle" ( 1979 )