Just wondering...

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Wed Feb 4 18:20:54 GMT 1998

references:

http://mailhost.cb1.com/~lkcl/pam_ntdom
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/pam/index.html

PAMs compile for slackware, redhat and solaris.  insert pam_ntdom into the
appropriate module directory.  follow instructions on kernel.org's site.

you will be able to authenticate against a PDC (samba or NT) using this
module.  as with pam_smb, the account must exist in the unix domain, and
must have the same user name.

to answer your question as i understand it (i am confused by the context
of "this work").  pam_ntdom and BRANCH_NTDOM are being developed in
parallel.  BRANCH_NTDOM definitely works, allowing NT workstations to log
in to a UNIX server.  pam_ntdom will allow a UNIX user to log in to a PDC
(whether NT or Samba).

luke