NTDOM: Connecting to a printer - name invalid ?

Andre Gerhard andre at lme.usp.br
Tue Feb 3 16:46:01 GMT 1998

Hello everybody,

I am trying to connect to a printer that exists in my Linux PDC Samba
server, from an NT 4.0 workstation machine.

When I select the printer and click OK (after doing Add Printer,
selecting Network Printer Server and clicking on the name of the printer) the
following message appears:

"Could not connect to the printer. The printer name is invalid"

I have the latest NTDOM samba version, including the updates that synchronizes
it with the Samba 1.9.18p2 release.

Any help will be appreciated,

Andre Gerhard
Systems/Network Administrator
Universidade de Sao Paulo - Sao Paulo - Brazil