SP4 Domain Joining Problems

CAE Samba Admin caesmb at lab2.cc.wmich.edu
Mon Dec 21 20:26:59 GMT 1998

Hello...  we've been running samba-1.9.19prealhpa for about 6 months now
happily.  I'm in the middle of updating our labs to NT SP4 and I have
found that I can no longer join a samba domain.  I get an error message
saying that NT is "Unable to update local security in order to join
domain".  Has anyone else run into this?  Would getting Samba 2.0b4 take
care of this?  Are there any differences in the smbpasswd file between my
current version and samba 2.0?  In other words should it be a simple drop
in replacement, or is this going to be a process?

Thanks,
Kevin Currie