leaving and rejoining domain

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Sun Dec 20 22:57:20 GMT 1998

At 06:22 PM 18/12/1998 +0000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> make install
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>what does this do?  remove some important files?  i bet it deletes, say,
>*.mac files inadvertently.  try *not* doing this, but copying nmbd and
>smbd manually, ok?

Sure, I'll try that, but no point doing it now, will need to wait (a month
?) until we can be sure that the magic time has passed. Meanwhile where the
hell are these *.mac fies you mention ? I thought I could see if 'make
install' would play with then, but I can'nt find, can make ?

>ok, are you also doing a "make install" on the production servers, and
>manually copying smbd / nmbd on the development ones?

No, I don't do this. I use 'make install' on both my play system and the
production system. The only difference is how long between upgrades. It
really is a time problem. Hmm...

David.
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au