leaving and rejoining domain

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Thu Dec 17 22:28:10 GMT 1998

At 08:02 PM 17/12/1998 +1100, Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:

>> > But there are lots of other times when this is a real pain. Because the
>> > same effect shows up when updating a version of samba that has been in
>> > operation for a period of time, we need to do this on EVERY NT in the
>> > domain when we upgrade samba.

>I think the bug come from beta4 which doesn't interpret the MACHINE.SID as
>beta1 done (sid_to_string() and string_to_sid()).

No, I don't think so, I have been aware if this behaviour in all versions
since NTDom stuff was operational. The important thing is that it only
shows up if the server has been running, without mods, for some time
(months ??). Powering down does not trigger the symptoms, upgrading samba
does !??? (What the hell could be the difference ?).

I have at least one NT here that will not join until I go through the
process. I'll save it if someone can suggest any tests to do before. (Time
is a problem at present, I've been kicked out of my play room while the
builders do it all up, but will try ).

David

David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au