leaving and rejoining domain

Jamie ffolliott jmeff at engsoc.queensu.ca
Thu Dec 17 19:33:26 GMT 1998

> > I think the bug come from beta4 which doesn't interpret the
> MACHINE.SID as
> > beta1 done (sid_to_string() and string_to_sid()).
>
> due to this bug, the workstations should only be confused once.
>
> thereafter, how about powering down all the workstations before stopping
> smbd?  although, i stop and restart smbd all the time and nothing bad
> happens.  but i don't often give it a week (the NetSrvPwSet time)!

So you're saying, if a workstation is disconnected from the domain for a
week, then it'll have to be re-added to the domain when it returns?

that could pose a problem for many people.  if there's a way to work around
it, and debug what's causing NTWS to refuse re-joining, it seems very
worthwhile.

Jamie