leaving and rejoining domain

David Bannon D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
Wed Dec 16 22:48:19 GMT 1998

At 09:40 AM 17/12/1998 +1100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> But there are lots of other times when this is a real pain. Because the
>> same effect shows up when updating a version of samba that has been in
>> operation for a period of time, we need to do this on EVERY NT in the
>> domain when we upgrade samba.
>
>why??? i have never needed to do this.

I suspect it depends on how long a particular version is running ? Is that
possible ? On my play machine that I am testing for a computer lab next
year, I update pretty often and don't need to do the above. However, on two
production machines that may go some months without being upgraded, I most
certainly need to do that with the NT's. When does the NTWS decide it must
change its passwd ? And more importantly, why does it so decide ?

David
David Bannon                      D.Bannon at latrobe.edu.au
School of Biochemistry            Phone 61 03 9479 2197
La Trobe University, Plenty Rd,   Fax   61 03 9479 2467
Bundoora, Vic, Australia, 3083    http://bioserve.latrobe.edu.au