Problems with 2.0beta4

Rob Naccarato rob.naccarato at sheridanc.on.ca
Tue Dec 15 21:23:22 GMT 1998

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Rob Naccarato wrote:

> Today I gave beta4 a try and I still cannot connect to my DEC Unix 4.0d
> machine (beta1 seems to work, though).
>
> I simply attempted to connect from a win95 machine a la: "net view
> \\server", and I get Error86: the network password is not correct.
>
> This is wrong, the password is correct.

I've now got it to work.  In includes/includes.h, I removed these lines:

#if defined(HAVE_PUTPRPWNAM) && defined(AUTH_CLEARTEXT_SEG_CHARS)
#define OSF1_ENH_SEC 1
#endif

Therefore, the Samba compilation assumes that if you're running OSF,
you're running enhanced security, which I'm not.

Could this be made an option to configure, with the default being to use
BSD security?

Rob Naccarato           "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages
Sys Admin               because they know they can be impolite without
Sheridan College        having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Oakville, Ont. Canada                      - Robert E. Howard