alert: primary groups must be domain groups

Michael S. Hulet hulet at ittc.ukans.edu
Fri Dec 11 18:56:13 GMT 1998

Didn't help me but for what it is worth;  I took the samba source code I
was using on my DEC Alpha 4.0d machine and re-compiled it on a Linux 5.0
machine.  Same smb.conf file and map files.  Works fine on the Linux box
except it says my password has expired.  I am even an administrator again.
We used gcc 2.8.1 on the Alpha and gcc 2.7.2.3 on the Linux box.  Do you
need any entry in domain.map, domainuser.map, and local.map or can
local.map be empty?  If you give me specific entries for each of these
files and what the entries should be in my unix group file; I'll try that
in case my map files are messed up.