No subject

Sergei Schurov sms1001 at netscape.net
Fri Dec 11 10:58:15 GMT 1998

I am trying to get two WFW PC's talking to via Linux/Samba (RedHat 5.2) server
Interface. One PC continuously streams binary datafile onto its directory on
the server while the other continuously reads it. Information on the size of
this file (which can continuously increase up to 3MB) is continuously updated
and is stored using a fixed width pointer in the file header.
It appears that the second PC can't read this pointer and uses its old value.
Therefore it can not read the file beyond its old time mark.

Everything works OK when PC's talk directly to each other (peer-to-peer)
without the server. I've tried all the usual fixes with oplocks, permissons,
etc. in smb.conf but without much success.

Is there possibly a way to force an update of the first chunk of data in the
cache?

Any help is greatly appreciated
       Sergei Schurov