Log messages...

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Thu Dec 10 02:05:33 GMT 1998

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Matthew Geier wrote:

>  Lack of NT domain model experience showing here -- what does this mean ?
>
> [1998/12/10 22:49:06, 0] passdb/sampass.c:getsamfile21pwent(107)
>   trust account bentham$ should be in DOMAIN_GROUP_RID_USERS
>
>  This message is appearing every time I start usermgr, and is repeated
> for each machine account.
>  I have all the machine accounts in a unix group called 'machine'. I

good.

> presume this unix group would need to be mapped to some 'Well known'
> NT group ?

NT systems expect trust accounts to be in the well-known domain group
"users", this is the default.  i don't really want to "enforce" it by
"fixing" the group_rid to 0x201 or whatever, but i put that log message
there to remind me that it's still an issue to be resolved.

>  No matter who I login as ( on all 3 machines I have in the test domain)
> im getting 'Your password has expired'. The main account I use it most

i know!  i'm wondering why, i think it's the "last change time" getting
put as "password must change time" instead!