Cannot add machine with latest CVS

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at switchboard.net
Wed Dec 9 23:13:53 GMT 1998

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Greg Dickie wrote:

> Thanks Luke,
>
>    I can now add the machine to the domain but I still get the infinite
> getgrent loop when I try to log in a user. Did you get my log files last night?

no.

i really really don't know what to do about this, it's a bit beyond my
capabilities / experience / resources.  why should a stub program that
uses getgrent() work and the samba one fail?

unless it's being called recursively, and there is a setgrent() in between
each getgrent().

can you possibly grep for setgrent() and getgrent() and print out some
debug info, then take a look, see if this is in fact happening?