Cannot add machine to domain with latest CVS

Greg Dickie greg at discreet.com
Wed Dec 9 18:36:38 GMT 1998

Further to my last mail, I'm looking around at the browse lists and indeed
something is dodgy. Here is what I see:

omain=[DL_RDMTL] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.1.0-prealpha]
connected as guest security=user

Server=[TAHITI] User=[nobody] Workgroup=[DL_RDMTL] Domain=[DL_RDMTL]

        Sharename      Type      Comment
        ---------      ----      -------
        IPC$           IPC       IPC Service (RD Test NT PDC (2.1.0-prealpha))
        netlogon       Disk      NetLogon Share

This machine has a workgroup list:

        Workgroup            Master
                             TAHITI
        DL_RDMTL             INDIANAPOLIS
        WINCENTER            WINFRAME1

TAHITI is supposed to be my samba PDC for DOMAIN DL_RDMTL but he does not show
up as even a master for that domain, in fact he is master of a blank domain!

smbclient -L of other machines reveal the same info. Back to log.nmb!

Greg

-----FW: Cannot add machine to domain with latest CVS-----