samba mangles files

Alex Knowles alex at targeting.co.uk
Wed Dec 9 12:13:46 GMT 1998

Sorry about this question, but I have samba running as the domain controller
of it's own domain next to our nt network, this just for testing while i
move over the network from an nt one to a samba one.  However at the moment
I can join an nt workstation to the samba domain fine, and it all works
well.  However when i copy a file from an nt machine to the samba box, it
mangles the file, so it is unreadable on both machines, however copying from
the nt machine to the samba box is fine.
any ideas?
cheers
al