Samba as NT print server

Gerald W. Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Tue Dec 8 14:11:55 GMT 1998

Aaron La Mar wrote:

> Has anyone heard about using Samba with HP JetDirect boxes? I've got
> several of these HP boxes that connect three parallel ports to one
> Ethernet-connected print server device. I know it's possible to use
> these with NT, but haven't run across any info on usage with Samba
> print service. Any ideas?

For future reference, this question is better suited for the
main samba list (samba at samba.org) as it is not directly
related to NT Domain support in Samba, but since I am here....

As long as you can print from the unix box, PC client can print
through samba.  See the man pages on the "print command",
"lpq command", etc...

Hope this helps,
j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter