What did go wrong ?

Michael Stockman pgmtekn at algonet.se
Mon Dec 7 06:35:15 GMT 1998

Hello,

>i updated the binaries to tonights cvs-release and poof it didn't
>work. Nothing else was changed. What did I miss ?

Looking at your log it seems to be the problem that I my letter on december 4th, "Issues in head branch". This is an error in the code that prevents nmbd from starting unless it is supposed to use another password server.

You can hack this easily, through locating pwdb_initialize in lib/util_pwdb.c. In this function you comment the return False statement after the if clause where get_domain_sids is called. This may be horrible(?) but it will get nmbd running. I'm 99% sure.

Best regards
  Michael Stockman
  pgmtekn-micke at algonte.se