Strange HP3000 and HPUX 10.x problems connecting to NT4 member server

Michael L Gueterman m_gueterman at editcorp.com
Sat Dec 5 18:32:09 GMT 1998

Kevin,

  The version of Samba you're using for the HP3000 does not accept
encrypted passwords so until 1.9.18p10 is available (any day now!),
you'll need to apply the Plain Text registry hack to your WINNT sp3,
Win95 OSR2, and later PCs.  If you don't have those instructions,
you can find them in the Documentation Area of http://www.sambaix.com
which is a site devoted mainly to Samba on MPE/iX.  This is also the
site where we will place the 1.9.18p10 package shortly.

Regards,
Michael L Gueterman
Easy Does It Technologies
Allaire Alliance Partner
email: M_Gueterman at editcorp.com
http://www.editcorp.com
voice: (888) 858-EDIT -or- (509) 943-5108
fax:   (509) 946-1170
--

<snip>